During a comprehensive renovation of all the floors in 2016 and 2017, Neste implemented an agile working model, where no-one has a named desk at the office. What this means is that everyone can choose their desk or workspace according to their daily needs.
Kati Gustafsson works as the Property Manager at Neste Oyj. Her responsibilities include ensuring that the people working at the office are happy and productive within their working environment and that the spaces function as they should.
– About six months ago, we purchased around thirty phone booths from Taiga Concept. This was due to the fact that our people are using plenty of time talking on the phone or having online meetings. We needed to create a more peaceful environment for these calls and meetings. The phone booths can be found on all the floors and each floor has six of them, Gustafsson explains.
As the office is busy with people, the main criteria for choosing the phone booths were their soundproofing qualities. Neste did their research on the topic and had many options to choose from.
– We chose Taiga Concept because their phone booths have excellent soundproofing. In addition, it doesn’t matter how long your call lasts, because you never feel as if you’d be running out of oxygen. In my experience, this is not always the case with phone booths, Gustafsson says.
– The booths have been in really active use since the installation as everyone wants to have a quiet space for their calls. We might even need more of them in the future, she continues.
Alongside the excellent functionalities, the look and feel of the booths were essential factors for Neste.
– We really appreciate the Scandinavian design of these booths. It was also very important to choose a Finnish supplier, Gustafsson states.
– We’ve been really happy with these new, high-quality phone booths, she concludes.